Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Berries!

I have never loved eating berries until my Canadian interchange partner asked me to pick (and eat) blackberries from her grandparents' garden. Since then, I could never resist not buying packets, even very little packets of any berries, particularly blackberries from a fruit grocery.

This morning I craved for berries and went to a fruit grocery to buy 4 packets of different berries -- strawberries, cherries, blueberries and blackberries. Since I hate cooking using the oven, what immediately comes to my mind was making a summer pudding.







Summer Fruit Pudding

Ingredients
150g strawberries
150g blackberries
150g cherries
150g blueberries
4 - 5 medium sliced white bread from a large loaf
1/3 cup honey
2 soufflĂ© molds (or any other small molds)

Directions
1. Reserve a few of each berries on a paper towel. Place remaining berries and honey in a saucepan, heat for about 5 minutes.
2. Strain the berries from the juice and set aside. 
3. Trim the bread to fit the mold, dip into the syrup thoroughly and then place into the mold.
4. Fill the bread lined mold with the berries. Place another piece of bread on top.
5. Weigh down in the fridge for about an hour.
6. Turn over and unmold the pudding, serve with fresh berries and the berry syrup. 




No comments:

Post a Comment